Monday, October 30, 2006

Clearing of Cobwebs

Firstly, I would like to thank my friends, for the memorable birthday they had organised for me.

Let’s see what had happened. I met Steven at 7. He took me for a tour walk around Tampines mall. Up and down the escalators we went. He seemed to be very happy to want to whet my appetite by making me walk more.

Finally, we reached Burger King. And Steven realised that he is lost. The rest of them had shifted. And so I was bracing myself for another long tour when he called enough people and finally said “OK. Lets go to Cartel” which was just beside the Burger King.

And so we went and we ate. Their St. Louis Pork Ribs were huge. Really big. And so we ate.

After dinner. They had games for me. 2 games. First one? I was supposed to find a guy with a black underwear who would take a photograph with me. Within 10 minutes. If not, I had to ask a female. And the person who had the black underwear had to show it to the camera. Who but JEAN would have thought up this idea. Anyway, I did it. Ask a guy. Within two minutes. But not with him showing the whole of cartel his underwear.

And the second game. I was supposed the start every sentence with “hey dude/hey babe” if not, I would need to jump ten times and proclaim that it was my birthday. Amazing isn’t it. The things my friends get me to do.

And then we went to coffee bean. Or was it starbucks? Anyways, whichever it was, the cake was great. A small cake, which my friends made me eat without any utensils and with the plastic wrapping still on it. But it was a heart-shaped cake. Great tasting anyways.

And then came the presents. No pictures. As always. One pair of very beautiful spongebob squarepants boxers, one very striking spongebob squarepants t-shirt, and one equally striking spongebob squarepants pants. OK. I lied about the pants. Anyway. There was a Kino voucher. An Ang Pow with money in there. And, an ADIDAS soccerball. Wee.

Of course, they gave me a diploma and a testimonial too. Graduated from their university. It was a touching testimonial. Much appreciated.

Went to New York New York the other day. The food was okay. Service was great, but could be better if there wasn’t someone breathing down your neck asking if you’re ready to order, and slamming the glass of water down onto the table.

The price is reasonable and the food is comparable to café cartel’s.

Anyway, yesterday, Mical was back. In Singapore. For 2 days or so. And we met up. Steven, Jean, Melissa, Mical and me. Went for pizza. It tastes okay. Hot and fresh at least. At the basement of Raffles City.

Not to forget, the second highlight of the day, TIMES bookstore. 20% off because it was my birthday month. Cool eh?

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Hi Terrence!

Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home