Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Norman!

Happy Birthday!

Birthday wishes to Norman, even though it’s a day too late. Poor guy’s in India. Wonder if he celebrated his birthday.

Anyway, I think I could change my blog title to “adventures on SBS buses”. It seems that my pet peeves come from buses. For three days in a row, it took me 45 minutes to get home. Not because there was a traffic jam. Okay. There was. A human traffic jam. The bus spends around 5 minutes at each bus stop. Each. Why? Congestion. People trying to push their way into the bus. Bus is already full. What do these people do? They put one leg up onto the bus and refuse to step down. And the bus captain got to stand up and holler “People, please help. Move to the back of the bus.” Thing is, THERE IS NO MORE SPACE TO MOVE.

Continual raising of costs. Continual poor bus timings. Continual ‘bone-shaker’ buses. Is there a link somewhere that I failed to see?

And I realised, that these circumstances are perfect places for molesters to prowl. As I have a told a friend last night. We’ll call her M. We were so closely packed that whenever somebody wants to alight, he/she has to squeeze past a heaving body block.

And so it was, a lady was squeezing past me. Luckily, she was skinny. But due to the bad conditions of the bus, I still had to lean forward. And directly in front of me, is a lady. Suffice to say, there was contact. More than once. And I had a flashback. When I was clubbing with my classmates. Difference was. That time it was a guy, in a dark environment. This time, it was a lady. In broad daylight.

In short, I felt violated.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger ahappierjoy- literally said...

Shut up man! U feel violated?! LOL. I wonder how that girl felt.. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home