Honesty, I am disappointed in humanity. Have we evolved so much into a survival of the fittest society? A society in which a person will do anything he or she can, just to get an edge over his or her competitors? The sad truth is, YES. Through millions of years Man has evolved. We’ve changed. We’ve started off eating bugs off each other’s fur, into foraging and hunting and more importantly, sharing. And as we evolved even further into an increasing elitist country, are we forgoing all the values that are important?
As far as I was concerned, it was never okay to make use of a person. I do not do it consciously and if I did it unconsciously, please forgive me. But even doing it unknowingly is terrible. Just think of how you would feel if you were made use of. Made to feel that your very existence is only to provide a support for that person. The same person you thought you had a friendly rivalry to.
And the truth smacks hard in your face. That person doesn’t think too much of you. You’re just a support anyway. Dispensable. Only when he or she needs help, that person is polite. And when its your turn to need help, you realize that the person you thought were your friend, didn’t really think of you as a friend. Just another tool. To get themselves even further.
I’m not against being polite to people when you need their help. It’s natural. You don’t go screaming and demanding someone help you. You do it politely. But to do so hypocritically, that is something else.
I’m not saying that whenever I extend a helping hand, I am looking for positive repercussions. But again, it is natural to expect help from a person that you have aided before.
But apparently in an elitist society, everyone is willing to slit their friends’ throats just to get themselves further and I think that is horribly sad. What’s even sadder is that these people might not even treat us as friends, but as competitors, to win, to kill. What’s scary now, is how these people hide within our midst, disguised as our friends, but always ready to jump out at you, slit your throat and laugh at your body as it goes through its final throes of life in such a menacing manner that would make a man’s blood go cold.
And if killing is legalized, I would have been dead, a long time ago. Killed by people I thought were my friends.
I lead a sad life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home