Outings!!
The last few days had been a blur.An outing with the gang of debater with Joey on Friday night, and the celebration of Jean’s birthday on Saturday, with a whirl of activity around the house with the contractors smoking and hammering and drilling away.
On Friday night, I went out with my group of CADC mates. I’m proud that we’ve grown so close, that, as Fara puts it, “can practically move in with each other”. Anyway, we went to Seoul Garden for dinner, with Joey paying, with Cheryl’s plastic getting us in first.
It was really great meeting them again. Even though the last two weeks were in a whirl of activity, it was a long long wait to see them again. I talk to these people online often enough. But still, nothing beats meeting them in the flesh.
Later on in the evening, we had an impromptu homo session with Joey. I unbuttoned his top two buttons, and Halim, with his blessed octopus hands did the rest. And Joey was so traumatized that he couldn’t do up his buttons properly after that. Our poor coach, stripped, in public, as a sign of our affection.
We were at Seoul Garden at Taka. The waiters and waitresses there are highly ambitious and TOO helpful. Yes. As a service provider, you can be too helpful. They came after us with a vengeance. Every empty plate they see, they clear. And we were left with no where to throw our rubbish. And the coup de grace? This lady, attempted to clear 3 tables, 11 people worth of plates, bowls, and rubbish. Single handedly. And obviously she failed. It was bad enough that she failed and spattered a lot of who-knows-what onto poor Alex. And she had the gall to ask for help. Am I mistaken? I was sure that after paying, I was supposed to get served. Not help the lady. At least, not one who just spoiled the pants of my friend. That kind of took the edge off an otherwise happy night.
On Saturday, was supposed to celebrate Jean’s birthday. So, off I went to meet Norman at 2 at Toa Payoh. On the way to meet the rest, it rained. On the bike. 100km/h. With rain pelting down. It takes your mind for everything that bothered you.
Anyway, we were supposed to meet at Pasir Ris park for games and dinner. But, the weather did not allow us to do that. So, contingency plan, we went to Downtown East to eat Ben and Jerry’s. Strangely, even though it was Ben and Jerry, I did not feel the enjoyment of when I was with the others, at United Square. Might be absence of a particular female worker from Ben and Jerry’s. But more possibly, is the company I was with.
Later on, we went to Lucky Chinatown for K-ster. Some singing thing. Anyway, guiltily, I spent more time watching the soccer match then singing. But, I was in good company. Friends are important people.
For me, one of the best things that had happened in my life, was being in MK0405, and being with people like Norman, Irene, Zibin, Melissa, Jean, Mical, Steven. And with my CADC members, Halim, Nizar, Sharon, Sha, Alex, Cheryl, Fara, Edwin and Zul. and of course, Joey.

1 Comments:
wow. long post.
i had such a good time reading.
now write more. more! MORE!
MORE, I SAID, MORE!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home