Thursday, November 08, 2007

Me? Not Competitive?

Someone I know commented recently that I am not competitive. Somehow that statement irked me a lot.

For that person to comment that I am not competitive, he needs to show that he is definitely and without any reasonable doubt more competitive than me. But, he has failed to do so. Time and time again.

Since I’m not in a particularly good mood anyway, let us see in what way I am definitely more competitive than the person who said I wasn’t.

That person has told me and a lot of my friends that he is totally committed to the club and the club’s cause, and his NEED for his participation and his DEFINATE win in the interpolys.

I have here, a few reasons why I believe I am more COMMITTED, and more COMPETITIVE than he is.

1)Even though I DO NOT have to take part in any more competitive matches, I still went to debate in SMU. – He did not come. Reason? He overslept

2)When I was training for Interpolys, I trained everyday. – He comes when he is free.

3)I went to SMU with respect, knowing that while not all university debaters are better than me, most are. – He apparently thinks he is better than ALL SMU debaters.

4)I went to NUS and I ranked 62nd while that person, who thinks he is better than ALL SMU debaters happily sits at 120th. Out of a grand total of 122 debaters.

Wow. How competitive he can be when sits 3rd from BOTTOM.

How much more competitive can he get, if he doesn’t come for training?

But then again, he doesn’t need to train. He thinks he is better than ALL SMU debaters anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home